AWS Cloud Development
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is easily the biggest provider of cloud-based services today.
The AWS Cloud provides a broad set of infrastructure services, such as computing power, storage options, networking and databases, delivered as a utility: on-demand, available in seconds, with pay-as-you-go pricing.
AWS isn't the best option for small and mid-sized businesses, as they often get less support and guidance from AWS representatives than larger organisations.
AWS Cloud Services
Elastic Compute Cloud
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) provides scalable computing capacity in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud. Using Amazon EC2 eliminates your need to invest in hardware up front, so you can develop and deploy applications faster.
- An AWS user can increase or decrease instance capacity as needed within minutes using the Amazon EC2 web interface or an application programming interface. A developer can code an application to scale instances automatically with AWS Auto Scaling. A developer can also define an Auto Scaling policy and group to manage multiple instances at once.
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud is a pioneer cloud infrastructure product that allows users to create powerful virtual servers on demand. Amazon EC2 is hosted on the server consolidation/virtualization concept, where the entire computing power of server hardware can be divided into multiple instances and offered to the end-user over the Internet as a computing instance.
- Amazon EC2 reduces the time required to obtain and boot new server instances to minutes, allowing you to quickly scale capacity, both up and down, as your computing requirements change. Amazon EC2 changes the economics of computing by allowing you to pay only for capacity that you actually use. Amazon EC2 provides developers the tools to build failure resilient applications and isolate them from common failure scenarios.
- In AWS EC2, the users must be aware about the EC2 components, their operating systems support, security measures, pricing structures, etc.
- mazon EC2 supports multiple OS in which we need to pay additional licensing fees like: Red Hat Enterprise, SUSE Enterprise and Oracle Enterprise Linux, UNIX, Windows Server, etc. These OS needs to be implemented in conjunction with Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- AWS offers a variety of pricing options, depending on the type of resources, types of applications and database. It allows the users to configure their resources and compute the charges accordingly.
- Amazon EC2-created instances can be accessed by open-source Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) application programming interface (API) support, giving developers the liberty to create various types of applications, just as with an on-premises computing infrastructure. The instance provided by EC2, commonly known as a virtual machine, is created using Amazon Virtual Image and is hosted over Xen Hypervisor, a server virtualizing software.